Agile Scrum Master (Warwickshire, UK)
- Remote (UK)
- 4-5 years experience
Our partner is an entertainment technology company that partners with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a trusted suite of secure communication and content management solutions.
We are looking for a Scrum Master to join the company’s software development team at their UK headquarters. The role is predominantly remote, with occasional meetups in the Royal Leamington Spa office.
The company designs, develops, and manufactures software and hardware solutions for studios, broadcasters, and film and video production companies.
The team is passionate about inclusion, all employees are encouraged to be themselves to inspire creativity and innovation. As an equal opportunities employer, the company puts a lot of focus on inclusivity and equality for all.
What will you do?
The Scrum Master will play an influential role in supporting the Scrum team to achieve its goals, and in turn the organisation to achieve its longer term software product vision. You will have the exciting opportunity to work with many technical experts in their respective fields, and also other stakeholders from various aspects of the organisation. You will ensure ongoing development of Agile and SAFe practices in the organisation and facilitate all requisite ceremonies and events for your technical Scrum team.
As a servant-leader you will bring value in the ability to coach the Scrum team, and others, to ensure effectiveness in executing and delivering goals for the organisation, its customers and its users.
You will work alongside colleagues in teams distributed across Europe and USA and have exposure to product strategy and planning. This will allow you to work with the Scrum team to enable and protect their progress on the planned work, plus control, consult and balance when a change of direction and adaptation is required.
- Lead the Scrum team in using SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) and Agile methodology and Scrum practices
- Proactively remove impediments for the team, but also coach the team to also proactively remove impediments
- Diligently track and monitor Scrum team progress and metrics
- Lead the Scrum team to ensure self-organisation
- Instill best practices to enable the scrum team to deliver to their objectives and sprint goals
- Reporting progress to planned commitments for milestones and product releases
- Facilitate all Agile and SAFe ceremonies for your Scrum team
- Help the Scrum team develop their Scrum maturity and support other areas of organisational development Support the Product Owner in ensuring the Scrum team backlog is refined, managed and maintained
- 3-5 years of practical experience as a Scrum Master leading Scrum teams
- You can demonstrate proficient use of Atlassian JIRA and Confluence tools. An understanding of JIRA workflows and JQL is beneficial but not essential
- Both social- and self-awareness (EQ) to manage relationships in the face of complex challenges
- Ability to work closely with many roles in the organisation, including Product Owners, UX and UI Designers, Architects, Developers, DevOps Engineers, Quality Engineers
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills, and a keen attention to detail Ability to adapt quickly to change
- Must be capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organisation and time management
- Get it done attitude – must be able to solve problems with minimal guidance, unclear requirements, or apparent roadblocks
- Scrum Master certification is beneficial, but not essential
- Ability and willingness to travel to the Royal Leamington Spa office for one day, bi-weekly
- Negotiable salary
- Life assurance (death in service) covering 4x basic annual salary Commuter Benefits
- EAP service provided
- Cycle to work scheme
- Learning and development support
- Welcoming and friendly culture
- Flexible working supported
- Office or remote working supported
- After 3 months: Private BUPA medical insurance including coverage for spouse and family Pension plan
- and more…
Hire remote developers from Central and Eastern Europe
euDevelopers is the recruitment agency that makes it easy for employers to find and hire remote developers, software engineers, and all kinds of IT professionals from Central and Eastern Europe.
Our mission is to connect talented Central and Eastern European developers with companies from all over the world through remote work. We help companies from all over Europe and North America hire Central and Eastern European developers, software engineers, DevOps engineers, web designers, data engineers, software testers, and other IT professionals remotely.
We have software developers, and other IT professionals in our network from: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine