Integration Test Engineer (EU)
- Fully Remote (EU)
This is a remote position.
We are looking for a Test Engineer to join a team for developing a new Entry-Exit System to improve the border control of the European Union.
About the Project
The Entry-Exit System (EES) will…
- Contribute to the modernisation of the external border management by improving the quality and efficiency of the external border controls of the Schengen Area;
- Help Member States dealing with ever increasing number of travellers to the EU without having to increase the number of border guards;
- Reinforce internal security and the fight against terrorism and serious crime;
- Systematically identify over-stayers (individuals remaining in the Schengen Area after the end of their authorised stay).
The EES will provide…
- Precise information in a rapid and automated way to border guards during border checks;
- Information to border guards on refusals of entry of nonEU nationals and enable refusals of entry to be checked electronically in the EES;
- Precise information to travellers on the maximum length of their authorised stay;
- Precise information on who is overstaying their authorised stay;
- Evidence-based support to visa policy.
As regards access for law enforcement purposes, the the EES will…
- Support the identification of terrorists, criminals as well as of suspects and victims of crime;
- Provide a record of travel histories of non-EU nationals including crime suspects, perpetrators or victims of crime. It would thus complement the information in the SIS.
- 3+ years of experience as Integration Test Engineer
- 2+ Testing experience with REST API
- Experience in Scripting (any language)
- Knowledge and experience with databases
- Knowledge of SoapUI or similar
- ISTQB Foundation certification
- Experience with XSD and WADL
- Experience with Tricentis tools – Qtest, Tosca
- SonarQube for code quality
- Spock framework unit testing & testcontainers
- jmeter performance testing
- Good communication and writing skills in English
- Preferable 2nd language: French or Dutch
- Working experience with EU client or other public institutions is an added value
- University degree (master or equivalent) in a relevant subject
- Citizenship of any EU member state required
- EU Secret PSC is required for the function (process will be initiated upon hiring)
More details about the project:
Hire remote developers from Central and Eastern Europe
euDevelopers is the recruitment agency that makes it easy for employers to find and hire remote developers, software engineers, and all kinds of IT professionals from Central and Eastern Europe.
Our mission is to connect talented Central and Eastern European developers with companies from all over the world through remote work. We help companies from all over Europe and North America hire Central and Eastern European developers, software engineers, DevOps engineers, web designers, data engineers, software testers, and other IT professionals remotely.
We have software developers, and other IT professionals in our network from: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine