Application Architect (EU)
- Fully Remote (EU)
This is a remote position.
We are looking for an Application Architect to join a team for developing a new Entry-Exit System to improve the border control of the European Union.
About the Project
The Entry-Exit System (EES) will…
- Contribute to the modernisation of the external border management by improving the quality and efficiency of the external border controls of the Schengen Area;
- Help Member States dealing with ever increasing number of travellers to the EU without having to increase the number of border guards;
- Reinforce internal security and the fight against terrorism and serious crime;
- Systematically identify over-stayers (individuals remaining in the Schengen Area after the end of their authorised stay).
The EES will provide…
- Precise information in a rapid and automated way to border guards during border checks;
- Information to border guards on refusals of entry of nonEU nationals and enable refusals of entry to be checked electronically in the EES;
- Precise information to travellers on the maximum length of their authorised stay;
- Precise information on who is overstaying their authorised stay;
- Evidence-based support to visa policy.
As regards access for law enforcement purposes, the the EES will…
- Support the identification of terrorists, criminals as well as of suspects and victims of crime;
- Provide a record of travel histories of non-EU nationals including crime suspects, perpetrators or victims of crime. It would thus complement the information in the SIS.
- Designing and coordinating architecture implementation;
- Defining, assessing and coordinating architecture projects and designing architecture building blocks;
- Delivering high-level and low-level designs;
- Aligning and integrate multiple architectures, layers and perspectives;
- Advising on architecture frameworks and methods;
- Defining and measuring architecture indicators (maturity, implementation, etc.);
- Ensuring Interoperability;
- Identifying potential reuse;
- Performing cost-benefit analyses;
- Designing and assessing Identity and Access Management and Master Data Management solutions;
- Performing Business Analysis and contributing to the Functional, Technical, Security and Testing Specifications;
- Ensuring that the architecture is maintained and adapted to changes and developments;
- Verifying that changes to the system are feasible within the architectural framework;
- Performing studies and proposing design solutions in relation to changes and new requirements. This includes also managing system integration and any modelling needed.
- Reports to: Programme management
Employment and technical Requirements:
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of large distributed systems with emphasis on highly availability, high performance, high level of security and zero data loss
- Mastering of Java (a background in development is a must);
- Proven experience with stream-processing software platforms is a must (e.g. KAFKA)
- Mastering Sparx Enterprise Architect tool;
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture;
- Mastering of UML;
- TOGAF Certified;
- ArchiMate Certified;
- Understanding of development + infrastructure (hardware, virtualization, cloud, openshift, redhat, etc.);
- Must be details oriented, analytical, and demonstrate ability to work in multinational environments;
- Must be self-directed with proven ability to make mature decisions supported by thorough data analysis;
- Good communication skills in English;
- Very good writing skills in English;
- Working experience with EU client or other public institutions is an added value;
- Awareness of biometrics systems and text search engines is an added value.
- English proficient (CEFRL Level: Minimum C1)
- Preferable 2nd language: French or Dutch
- University degree (master or equivalent) in a relevant subject
- EU Secret PSC is required for the function (process will be initiated upon hiring)
- Citizenship of any EU member state required
More details about the project:
Hire remote developers from Central and Eastern Europe
euDevelopers is the recruitment agency that makes it easy for employers to find and hire remote developers, software engineers, and all kinds of IT professionals from Central and Eastern Europe.
Our mission is to connect talented Central and Eastern European developers with companies from all over the world through remote work. We help companies from all over Europe and North America hire Central and Eastern European developers, software engineers, DevOps engineers, web designers, data engineers, software testers, and other IT professionals remotely.
We have software developers, and other IT professionals in our network from: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine