Backend/Full stack developer
- Fully Remote (EU)
- Java, Spring
- 5+ years experience
- 60,000 - 70,000 EUR/year
About the Project
The Entry-Exit System (EES) will…
- Contribute to the modernisation of the external border management by improving the quality and efficiency of the external border controls of the Schengen Area;
- Help Member States dealing with ever increasing number of travellers to the EU without having to increase the number of border guards;
- Reinforce internal security and the fight against terrorism and serious crime;
- Systematically identify over-stayers (individuals remaining in the Schengen Area after the end of their authorised stay).
The EES will provide…
- Precise information in a rapid and automated way to border guards during border checks;
- Information to border guards on refusals of entry of nonEU nationals and enable refusals of entry to be checked electronically in the EES;
- Precise information to travellers on the maximum length of their authorised stay;
- Precise information on who is overstaying their authorised stay;
- Evidence-based support to visa policy.
As regards access for law enforcement purposes, the the EES will…
- Support the identification of terrorists, criminals as well as of suspects and victims of crime;
- Provide a record of travel histories of non-EU nationals including crime suspects, perpetrators or victims of crime. It would thus complement the information in the SIS.
- Development and maintenance of software applications,
- Development and integration of technological Components,
- Implementation of user requirements,
- Elaboration of test programs,
- Integration with other applications,
- Writing of technical documentation,
- Assistance with deployment and configuration of the system;
- Day-to-day implementation of functionalities and features provided in business specification;
- Code-testing and maintaining high test coverage of the application code;
- Preserving and consolidating the code base in the application code repository;
- Maintaining consistent frontend project documentation;
- Suggesting measurable, customer focused improvements to our products;
- Improving the workflow with the best architectural design decisions;
- Holding-up a communication line between third-party partners;
- Constant knowledge improvement.
- Min. 5 years of experience in Java SE, Java EE software development,
- Good knowledge (spoken and written) of English
- Apache Kafka
- Apache Flink (or similar like Storm or Spark or Hadoop Map-Reduce)
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Spring Boot & Spring Cloud (micro-service design patterns)
- ElasticSearch (or SOLR)
- JUNIT and testing practice
- Distributed computing, HA, CAP theorem understanding
- Continuous Integration
- CQRS, Event Sourcing
Frontend technologies (if you apply as a Full Stack developer):
- Deep knowledge of HTML and its semantics, browser rendering mechanics;
- Solid knowledge of CSS support for both modern and legacy browsers ;
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (SASS/LESS);
- Strong experience with React or Angular;
- Experience with store architecture/modelling and stateful application management (Flux/Redux/NGRX);
- Experience with Hooks
- Experience with work management frameworks and methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall etc.);
- Strong analytical skills.
- Applicants must be citizens of one of the member states, or be eligible to work in the European Union;
- This is a full-time contractor position;
- The role is 100% remote.
Hire remote developers from Central and Eastern Europe
euDevelopers is the recruitment agency that makes it easy for employers to find and hire remote developers, software engineers, and all kinds of IT professionals from Central and Eastern Europe.
Our mission is to connect talented Central and Eastern European developers with companies from all over the world through remote work. We help companies from all over Europe and North America hire Central and Eastern European developers, software engineers, DevOps engineers, web designers, data engineers, software testers, and other IT professionals remotely.
We have software developers, and other IT professionals in our network from: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine