Business Analyst (EU)
- Fully Remote (EU)
This is a remote position.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join a team for developing a new Entry-Exit System to improve the border control of the European Union.
About the Project
The Entry-Exit System (EES) will…
- Contribute to the modernisation of the external border management by improving the quality and efficiency of the external border controls of the Schengen Area;
- Help Member States dealing with ever increasing number of travellers to the EU without having to increase the number of border guards;
- Reinforce internal security and the fight against terrorism and serious crime;
- Systematically identify over-stayers (individuals remaining in the Schengen Area after the end of their authorised stay).
The EES will provide…
- Precise information in a rapid and automated way to border guards during border checks;
- Information to border guards on refusals of entry of nonEU nationals and enable refusals of entry to be checked electronically in the EES;
- Precise information to travellers on the maximum length of their authorised stay;
- Precise information on who is overstaying their authorised stay;
- Evidence-based support to visa policy.
As regards access for law enforcement purposes, the the EES will…
- Support the identification of terrorists, criminals as well as of suspects and victims of crime;
- Provide a record of travel histories of non-EU nationals including crime suspects, perpetrators or victims of crime. It would thus complement the information in the SIS.
- Member of business analysts team (international project in public domain)
- Elicitation, analysis and maintenance of business, functional and nonfunctional requirements
- based on: Legal regulations, Business and technical workshops
- Modeling of business processes (using BPMN), system functionalities and data model (UML)
- Specification of system interfaces and integration with other systems (XSD)
- Cooperation with: Other analysts and architects, Dev teams, Test teams, Vendors of other systems
- Support of the client during test phases
- Business processes modeling using BPMN;
- System modeling using UML, especially: class diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, use case diagrams
- At least 5 years of experience in IT projects including 3 years on the position of business or
- system analyst/architect in integration projects.
- Independent and scrupulous.
- Fluent in English.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of XSD
- Knowledge of architectural aspects of integration interfaces design
- Experience in public domain project(s), especially in analysis of legal documents / regulations
- Experience in multi-vendor and international projects
- Experience in Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Citizenship of any EU member state required
- EU Secret PSC is required for the function (process will be initiated upon hiring)
More details about the project:
Hire remote developers from Central and Eastern Europe
euDevelopers is the recruitment agency that makes it easy for employers to find and hire remote developers, software engineers, and all kinds of IT professionals from Central and Eastern Europe.
Our mission is to connect talented Central and Eastern European developers with companies from all over the world through remote work. We help companies from all over Europe and North America hire Central and Eastern European developers, software engineers, DevOps engineers, web designers, data engineers, software testers, and other IT professionals remotely.
We have software developers, and other IT professionals in our network from: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine