DevOps Engineer (EU)
This is a remote position.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join a team for developing a new Entry-Exit System to improve the border control of the European Union.
About the Project
The Entry-Exit System (EES) will…
- Contribute to the modernisation of the external border management by improving the quality and efficiency of the external border controls of the Schengen Area;
- Help Member States dealing with ever increasing number of travellers to the EU without having to increase the number of border guards;
- Reinforce internal security and the fight against terrorism and serious crime;
- Systematically identify over-stayers (individuals remaining in the Schengen Area after the end of their authorised stay).
The EES will provide…
- Precise information in a rapid and automated way to border guards during border checks;
- Information to border guards on refusals of entry of nonEU nationals and enable refusals of entry to be checked electronically in the EES;
- Precise information to travellers on the maximum length of their authorised stay;
- Precise information on who is overstaying their authorised stay;
- Evidence-based support to visa policy.
As regards access for law enforcement purposes, the the EES will…
- Support the identification of terrorists, criminals as well as of suspects and victims of crime;
- Provide a record of travel histories of non-EU nationals including crime suspects, perpetrators or victims of crime. It would thus complement the information in the SIS.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Cooperation within the development/DevOps team to help facilitate and improve CI/CD
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows
- established processes and works as intended
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps
- Troubleshooting techniques and fixing the code bugs
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating
- new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Incident management and root cause analysis
- Experience in containerization (Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker and Helm charts)
- Strong experience in CI/CD using pipelines as code.
- 4+ Years of solid DevOps and agile Experience.
- Knowledge of virtualization and containerization
- Familiarity with HashiCorp Packer tool and VM image creation and distribution
- Good understanding of at least one of the following (Java, Python)
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Experience in Jenkins installation, Management and administration
- Experience in using ansible to deploy, configure and manage applications.
- Experience working on Linux and/or windows based infrastructure
- Strong problem-solving and Troubleshooting skills
More details about the project:
Hire remote developers from Central and Eastern Europe
euDevelopers is the recruitment agency that makes it easy for employers to find and hire remote developers, software engineers, and all kinds of IT professionals from Central and Eastern Europe.
Our mission is to connect talented Central and Eastern European developers with companies from all over the world through remote work. We help companies from all over Europe and North America hire Central and Eastern European developers, software engineers, DevOps engineers, web designers, data engineers, software testers, and other IT professionals remotely.
We have software developers, and other IT professionals in our network from: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine