Senior Software Engineer, Platform (Hungary)
- 4-5 years experience
Our partner is an entertainment technology company that partners with clients to enable creative flow across the production life cycle with a trusted suite of secure communication and content management solutions.
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join the company’s software development team in Hungary. The role is predominantly remote, with occasional meetups in the Budapest office.
The company designs, develops, and manufactures software and hardware solutions for studios, broadcasters, and film and video production companies.
The team is passionate about inclusion, all employees are encouraged to be themselves to inspire creativity and innovation. As an equal opportunities employer, the company puts a lot of focus on inclusivity and equality for all.
What will you do?
As a member of the Back-End Services Team, you’ll be creating and extending our platform that powers collaboration across the film industry. This includes building and expanding back-end services for media processing, storage, encryption, and secure delivery worldwide to thousands of industry professionals. You will be tackling complex problems ranging from low-level video processing to high-level APIs and everything in between. Our engineers must work cross-functionally on multiple codebases and services to ensure the platform is scalable, efficient, and secure.
- Be a key contributing back-end developer in one of our cross-functional teams
- Design, implement, and maintain our platform and services
- Build distributed services that auto-scale, self-heal, and automatically deploy to the cloud
- Integrate internal and 3rd party components to build out functionality
- Implement APIs for internal and external services and applications
- Migrate legacy systems to newer service architectures
- Write design, usage, and troubleshooting documents for other engineers and QA
- Produce automated tests to ensure quality, performance, and scalability of your code
- Participate in reviews and audits to ensure the security of our system
- Coordinate with team-members and others in the organisation to ensure timely delivery of software that meets all requirements
- Train other team members on your areas of expertise
- Excellent coding and design skills
- Experience with modern programming languages and design patterns.
- Knowledge of Python is preferred
- Experience building in a SOA or micro-services environment
- Familiarity with both relational and no-SQL databases
- Experience building server-side APIs and client-server interactions
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable with a mix of team and individual work
- Must be able to work in an agile environment
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years back-end development experience
- Experience working with a distributed/remote team
- Led a small team of engineers in an Agile process
- Familiarity with OAuth2, OIDC, SAML and Federated Authentication
- Video processing and codecs
- Encryption and DRM
- AWS and cloud technologies
- GraphQL experience
- Negotiable salary
- Commuter benefits
- Recreational card
- Learning and development support
- Welcoming and friendly culture
- Flexible working supported
- and more…
Hire remote developers from Central and Eastern Europe
euDevelopers is the recruitment agency that makes it easy for employers to find and hire remote developers, software engineers, and all kinds of IT professionals from Central and Eastern Europe.
Our mission is to connect talented Central and Eastern European developers with companies from all over the world through remote work. We help companies from all over Europe and North America hire Central and Eastern European developers, software engineers, DevOps engineers, web designers, data engineers, software testers, and other IT professionals remotely.
We have software developers, and other IT professionals in our network from: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine